Table of Contents
What are userscripts?
How to use userscripts?
While you could simply open the developer console in your browser, and run your userscripts manually every time. There are many so-called “userscript managers”. These userscript managers are simple browser add-ons that let you manage all of your userscripts and automatically run them every time you visit a specified website.
Some popular userscript managers
There are many userscript managers, but here are some of the most popular ones.
- Violentmonkey - Chromium, Firefox, Opera
- Greasemonkey - Firefox
- Tampermonkey - Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge
Where to find userscripts?
Just like userscript managers, there are loads of userscript sources. The best ones I've found are:
Some cool userscripts I've found
- Direct links out - 'Removes all “You are leaving our site” and redirection stuff from links'
- Select text inside a link like Opera - 'Disable link dragging and select text.'
- MoreCAPTCHA - 'Speeds up solving Google reCAPTCHA challenges by shortening transition effects and providing continuous selection ability.' (Breaks Captchas on Firefox)
- HTML5 video player enhanced script - 'HTML5 video playback enhanced script, supports all H₅ video playback websites, full-length shortcut key control, supports double-speed playback / accelerated playback, video screenshots, picture-in-picture, full-page webpage, brightness, saturation, contrast, custom configuration enhancement, And other functions.' (Breaks YouTube player sometimes, use your userscript manager to blacklist the site.)
- Remove web limits - 'Pass to kill most of the site, you can lift the restrictions prohibited to copy, cut, select the text, right-click menu.'
- AdsBypasser - 'Bypass Ads, Popups, and count-down ads.'
- Anti-Adblock Killer - 'Don't touch my Adblocker!'
- Handy Image - 'Shows just full-size Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites'
- The Pirate Bay Cleaner - 'Gives the Pirate Bay a fresh look. including themes, Adblock, remove untrusted users, and more.'
- 1337x - Torrent page improvements - 'Improvements to the 1337x torrent pages.'
- Hide YouTube recommendations - 'An anti-distraction userscript'
- Local YouTube Downloader - 'Download YouTube videos without external service.'
- Simple YouTube Age Restriction Bypass - 'A simple browser extension to bypass YouTube's age verification and watch age-restricted videos without having to sign in.'
- Undiscord - Delete all messages in a Discord channel or DM (Bulk deletion) - 'Extends the discord interface so you can mass delete messages from discord'
- Discord AMOLED Black - 'Want the mobile-only AMOLED theme on PC? Now you can have this sleek dark theme on your PC just like on your Phone'
- Amazon International Links - 'Add international links to Amazon product pages.'
- Twitter Direct - 'Remove t.co tracking links from Twitter'
So before you install an userscript, make sure it's trusted.